New Addition to the Galleries

Illustrating Universes Known and Imagined

Moderator: Moderators

intrigued_scribe

New Addition to the Galleries

Post by intrigued_scribe »

Hello all,

A new image is up in the Spider Silk galleries: I Give You the Seal On My Promise, which depicts the te'heyn handfasting ceremony of Madalis and Talessir Dha'iri.

Heather

Marie

Addition to the Gallery

Post by Marie »

GASP!

Heather, this newest installment in your ever expanding portfolio of Spider Silk art is absolutely stunning.
Of course, it is 12:20AM in the morning and I nearly slid from the chair at the beauty of your usual extraordinary detail.
Give me a day or so and I will give it my fullest attention and a more in depth observation.

In awe,
Marie

intrigued_scribe

Dear Marie, thank you! I'm happy that you like it!

Heather

Windwalker
Site Admin

Post by Windwalker »

Dear Heather,

this is indeed stunning -- the body and face expressions (of both the principals and the equally important pair on the wings), the atmosphere, the accoutrements, your usual meticulous attention to each detail. She looks like one of the sacred Hindu dancers done in stone in the temples, he looks like a Celt god and both look utterly transported, absorbed in the ritual and each other. You can also see the longing on the faces of Ne'íri and Kar'énis as they sing.

I'm so happy to see this one! It feels like the culmination of the spirit of the entire story.
Last edited by Windwalker on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For I come from an ardent race
That has subsisted on defiance and visions.

intrigued_scribe

Dear Athena,

Thank you! I'm glad that you like it! Also, I'm very pleased to know that the face and body expressions are effective (working out the details of both resulted in Promise being unusually long in coming :) ). As ever, the expressions and the emotional content they convey were foremost in the image's creation.

Heather